Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

All that stress about her procedure was for nothing!

So, yesterday Meagan had another series of injections. She is so amazing! The IV nurse came in to start figuring out which vein she was going to use and Meagan looked me and her dad in the eyes and smiled big then with her other hand she patted my arm to comfort me. She did not even flinch when they put the needle in her arm. She kept eye contact with me the entire time as to make sure I was OK, while her dad entertained her with Tom the talking cat application on his I-phone. The anesthesiologist came in and prepped her while we kept by  her bed and as soon as he injected the drugs, she looked at me again smiled and her eyes rolled back in her head, she was already asleep. Adam and I left the room for the doctors to due their job, I never stay to watch these injections are not pleasant. The whole time I could hear another child screaming bloody murder and it broke my heart. I ask the nurse what was going on and she said his parent refused sedation and the poor boy was going to have the injections without sedation. Horrific. I have had ten spinal injections, because of injuries from last year and they hurt like hell. Now imagine that all over your arms and legs. That broke my heart. We went out to the lobby to wait for Meagan's injections to be finished when my husbands sister showed up to give us moral support and  to be there when Meagan wakes. My husbands family has been to every single injection. It is so heart warming to me that no matter what they are always there for us. Non judging and non-back stabbing. Just there for us no matter what mistakes we have made in the past, no matter what they are always there for us. I really don't know if I could have made it through all these years without them. After about thirty minutes maybe more the nurse came to get us. We came in the room and she was still asleep. I rubbed her back and told her mommy was here and that I loved her. After about ten more minutes she started to wake and she smiled at me then said daddy. She has never wanted her daddy before me. He jumped up and was at her side. I think she just wanted to make sure he was still there. I climbed in her bed and held her thanking quietly she made again through sedation. Her auntie Angie came around the bed to face her and she got an even bigger smile and said, "AUNTIE". It almost made her cry. Out of all her aunts she only calls Angie auntie. She never calls her by her first name, she loves her very much. It took Meagan a little longer to wake up but she did so very peacefully, which is always a relief there have been times where she was crying in her sleep, which always tears my soul up a little bit. After about twenty more minutes she was completely alert and wanting food. They gave her some pudding to take her meds and she wanted Old Spaghetti factory. So as a family we went to lunch and had a beautiful family lunch together. It was a little rushed because of the snow but amazing none the less. We drove home and snuggled up on the couch together and watched movies the rest of the day until I had to leave and pick up the our niece/foster daughter. That night it snowed about 5-6 inches so we stayed home together the next day. Unfortunately, I had to go to the hospital and have my tests done for my surgery next week. On Wednesday, I am have spinal surgery to fix two herniated disks in my neck. Scary stuff, but I will be out of commission for the next four to six weeks. Thankfully my husband will be able to take off the first weeks with me and then my sister Angie and Mother-in-law will be able to take care of me after that. Can my life get anymore crazier!!!!!!

1 comment: