Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Researching life changing diseases.

With the passing of my father I reconnected with his ex-wife my step-mom Mary. It has truely been a blessing. She really helped me and my brother and sister deal with the loss of our father. Mary has always been very special to me she was a huge part of my life for ten plus years before my dad hurt her. I resently learned she is sick, with a very rare disease called Mastocytosis. I have no idea what this is and have decides to do some research about it. I know she is going through hell with the treatments. It makes me worry about her, the last thing I want is for her to be sick and in pain. I read that she is having chemo treatments and it scared me. I think I have had enough loss in my life and I really hope she gets some releif from her illness.

The time I had with Mary was very special to me.But when she and my dad divorced she was gone. I was forced to support my dad, even though I was hurting over the loss of a very special women. I turned to anger and said really hurtful things to and about her. I have never forgiven myself for how I acted during that time in my life. Mary however, she unconditionally forgave me. No strings attached, just gave me her love and support as if no time had passed and nor harsh words were ever exchanged. She had forever changed me, again!

For all of you that follow my blog and blog community, I ask you to send your prayers and good wishes to my stepmom Mary. I want her to be healthy, happy and surrounded by love. I want her to live a long and happy life and to know that she has a huge family that loves and supports her. I want my daughter to continue to have a relationship with her and love her as I do. Life is difficult and she has lived a hard enough life, I want her to have a life full of safety and complete pease.

Thank you everyone for the support you have given me over the last year, it is unmeasurable!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts are going out to Mary. I hope your relationship will help bring some joy to both of you as well.

    ReplyDelete